or drag this pin anywhere on the map
The Concatedral de San Nicolás de Bari (Co-cathedral of San Nicolas of Bari) is the seat of the Diocese of Orihuela-Alicante. The cathedral was erected between 1613 and 1662 over an ancient mosque, based on a design by Agustín Bernardino.
The Concatedral de San Nicolás de Bari is considered to be one of the most beautiful examples of Spanish Baroque. Both the interior and exterior are rather sober. However, there are a few treasures inside, including the Retablo de las Animas (Nicolás Borrás, 1574), the Cristo de la Buena Muerte (Nicolás de Bussi, s. XVII) and a canopy of Italian marble and jasper dated 1688.
Concatedral de San Nicolás de Bari
Plaza Abad Penalva, Alicante
Phone: +34 965 212 662