or drag this pin anywhere on the map
19th century outdoor museum
Cimetière de Loyasse (Cemetery of Loyasse) is located on the Fourvière hill, not far from the Notre-Dame de Fourvière. The cemetery was founded in 1812, and serves as an 19th century outdoor museum.
Cimetière de Loyasse is the final resting place for Pierre Bossan, the architect of the beautiful Notre-Dame de Fourvière; and other important personalities such as Émile Guimet, and Édouard Herriot. The value of the cemetery is given by the various styles of religious architecture that make some of the burial chambers. Guided tours available.
Cimetière de Loyasse
43 rue du Cardinal Gerlier, Lyon
Phone: +33 4 78 25 28 51
Open Hours: 3 Nov-30 Apr: 8am-5pm (Sun: 1.30pm-5.30pm). Other months from 7am & Sun 1.30pm-5.30pm. | Closure May 1st / July 14th