or drag this pin anywhere on the map
One of Russia's oldest stone churches
The Church of St. Barbara is located in an area in old Moscow that is renowned for its many beautiful places of worship. This church is one of the oldest buildings made of stone in all of Russia and was constructed at the famous Kitai Gorod wall.
The Church of St. Barbara was designed in 1514 by the famed Italian architect Alevise Friazin, who is also known as the chief designer of the majestic Archangel Cathedral in Kremlin.
The Church of St. Barbara was built through the generosity of rich Russian businessmen, who at the time wanted to erect a church for tradesmen. St. Barbara is widely regarded as the patron saint of traders.