or drag this pin anywhere on the map
Military fort-turned monument
The Castle Clinton National Monument has undergone several changes in its decades of fortified permanence. Built in 1811 as a military fort, the building was used as an exhibition all, an immigration registration office, and several other renditions before becoming a Battery Park monument in 1966.
Once serving as the United States Army headquarters during the War of 1812, the historical Castle Clinton National Monument commemorates the 1811 West Battery Fort, which was built to defend New York Harbor.
Castle Clinton National Monument
Battery Park, New York, NY, 10005, 10004, United States, New York
Phone: 212 344 7220