or drag this pin anywhere on the map
A place to relax, and contemplate the azure waters of the Bay of Angels
Promenade des Anglais traces its history back to the 18th century, when because of an influx of beggars to Nice, some rich Englishmen proposed the construction of a walkway along the sea. This was first called the Camin deis Anglés, and changed its name to Promenade des Anglais in 1860.
Promenade des Anglais is known locally as La Prom, and it is a favorite weekend destination for families and tourists. Many of the Nice’s festivals and carnivals take place along this street, including the annual Carnival.