or drag this pin anywhere on the map
Historic palace, now a school
Palazzo della Carovana, also known as Palazzo dei Cavalieri is the main building of the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa in Piazza dei Cavalieri. The palace was built in 1562/64 by Giorgio Vasari for the headquarters of the Knights of St. Stephen, a Tuscan dynastic-military order founded in 1561.
The façade of the Palazzo della Carovana is ornate with sgraffiti representing allegorical figures and zodiacal signs, designed by Vasari and sculpted by Tommaso di Battista del Verrocchio and Alessandro Forzori.
Palazzo della Carovana
Via Consoli Del Mare, 2, Pisa
Phone: +39 050 509111