or drag this pin anywhere on the map
The church of the Knights
Chiesa di Santo Stefano was modeled on a plan by Don Giovanni de' Medici between 1594 and 1606. The official Italian name of the church is Chiesa Nazionale di S. Stefano dei Cavalieri (National Church of Saint Stephen of the Knights). The order was founded in 1561.
The interior of Chiesa di Santo Stefano is richly decorated with relics from the battles and victories of the Knights of St. Stephen, and fine works of art by well-known artists of the past including il Santino, Ludovico Cardi, Jacopo Chimenti, Alessandro Pieroni and many others.