or drag this pin anywhere on the map
Historic, Pisane-Romanesque style church
Chiesa di San Sisto was consecrated in 1133, and dedicated to the old patron saint of Pisa, whose day was celebrated on August 6, till 1284 when Pisa lost 12,000 men in battle of Meloria. Since 1958, the church commemorates the heroes of Pisa on August 6.
Chiesa di San Sisto is a simple stone church, built in Pisane-Romanesque style. Inside the church there are an Arabic tombstone, the copy of a 14th century Madonna with Child and the rudder of a Pisane galley.