or drag this pin anywhere on the map
One of the most famous attractions on the Lungarni
Palazzo Gambacorti was built between 1370 and 1392 on behalf of Pietro Gambacorti. There is still a bit of controversy regarding the identity of the architect - some believe him to be Tommaso Pisano.
The facade of Palazzo Gambacorti is in fourteenth-century Gothic-style, with elegant mullioned windows. The back of the building features a seventeenth-century facade, with tall windows with semicircular gables and a beautiful portal with the Medici coat of arms.
Inside the palace, a museum of frescoes celebrating the maritime victories of Pisa.