or drag this pin anywhere on the map
The Bergianska trädgården botanical garden was founded in 1791 due to a donation to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences from the Bergius brothers. The garden was named to honor the two, and it was originally located to their mansion and its adjacent garden.
As it grew to comprise a large number of plants, Bergianska trädgården had to be moved. It is currently located in the Frescati area on the outskirts of Stockholm, close to the Swedish Museum of Natural History. The garden is administered by the Academy of Sciences and the Stockholm University.